It’s important for you to understand your local laws if you want to become an Airbnb host. We provide a platform and marketplace, but we don’t provide legal advice. Even so, we want to share some information to help you understand laws and other rules that relate to short-term rentals in the City of Henderson, NV. The information in this article isn’t exhaustive, but it should help you start your research on local laws. Check the City of Henderson’s short-term vacation rentals (STVR) page for details. Questions can be directed to the Community Development and Services at (702)-267-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: “Bed and Breakfast” is not currently a permitted use in Henderson.
Short-Term Vacation Rental (STVR) regulations
Henderson City Council adopted changes for the operation of STVRs on November 17, 2020, effective immediately. STVRs are permitted in residential zones, as well as certain commercial and mixed-use zones, with a required separation of 1000 radial feet between units. For individually owned units in a multi-family building, only 25% of units can operate as a STVR.
The rules prohibit events or any gatherings in STVRs. They also require a two-night minimum stay, noise monitoring devices, and a local contact to resolve the problem within 30 minutes of notification.
You will need to register to offer a short-term rental to guests in Henderson. Registration per property is $820 and must be renewed annually. You can register online with the following documents:
- Proof that applicant is a property owner or manager
- Certificate of Insurance with general liability coverage of at least $500,000
- Notarized statement acknowledging requirements and certifying compliance
- Registered local contact person’s proof of residency within Clark County
- Signed copy of STVR property self-inspection checklist
- Proof of completion of a certification program on STVR best practices
Within 10 days of registration approval, you must notify all properties in a 200-ft radius of the STVR of the local contact person’s information.
If you plan to rent your property to guests for a period of less than 30 consecutive days, you are required to list a valid city-issued registration number on any STVR listing, and failing to do so may result in listing removal. Add your registration number here.
STVRs must comply with the residential property requirements of the Henderson Municipal Code, including but not limited to Chapter 5.17 (Solid Waste Management) and Chapter 8.84 (Noise Control). Property owners must include trash/recycling containers, trash services collection schedule, and instructions for proper trash disposal within the rental rules provided to renters.
Operators must install front, street-facing security camera (unless in multi-family building) and continuously operate noise monitoring devices during rental period, and
All operators must make payment of applicable room taxes and maintain rental records in accordance with Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 4.48—Transient Lodging and Gaming Taxes.
As a host, you need to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, including leases, co-op rules, HOA rules, or other rules established by tenant organizations. You should be able to find out more by contacting your housing authority (such as a community council) or landlord. Your lease (or other contract) might also have specific details.
Our commitment to your community
We are committed to working with local officials to clarify how local rules impact the short-term rental community. We will continue to advocate for changes that will enable people to rent out their homes.
- Βόρειο Λας Βέγκας, ΝεβάδαΑν σκέφτεστε να γίνετε οικοδεσπότης στην Airbnb, δείτε μερικές πληροφορίες που θα σας βοηθήσουν να κατανοήσετε τη νομοθεσία στην πόλη σας
- Κόραλ Γκέιμπλς, ΦλόρινταΑν σκέφτεστε να γίνετε οικοδεσπότης στην Airbnb, δείτε μερικές πληροφορίες που θα σας βοηθήσουν να κατανοήσετε τη νομοθεσία στην πόλη σας
- Λούισβιλ, ΚεντάκιΑν σκέφτεστε να γίνετε οικοδεσπότης στην Airbnb, ακολουθούν μερικές πληροφορίες που θα σας βοηθήσουν να κατανοήσετε τη νομοθεσία στην πόλη σ…