Experience the rustic magic of Muskoka in one of our glamping cabins. Get all the fun and adventure of camping in the woods but without the need to pitch a tent! These partially off-grid wood cabins provide you with a roof over your head, beds to support your back, and a woodstove to warm your toes. They are built with a minimal 12-volt electrical system to provide lights and a small USB charge, but to otherwise eliminate the constant buzz of EMFs and allow you to sink into nature.
The cabins are designed for campers and nature lovers who are comfortable without the comforts of modern life. Please read our description in full as these cabins are unique and do not include many modern amenities found in hotels.
This cabin is one of 5 at our small rustic eco-therapy retreat center, Pura Vida Soul Institute. It is nestled amidst the trees along a small trail in our 22-acre natural forest. They are situated close to the washrooms, studio, and parking.
Included in the cabin:
• 1 King Bed OR 2 Single Beds (Please indicate your preference when booking)
• Large sweeping windows for forest views and cool breezes
• Covered deck with 2 chairs for lounging
• Woodstove (This is the only heat source in the cabin)
• 2 small end tables
• Luggage rack
• Overhead LED lighting
• USB charger
• Bedsheets, pillows, and blankets
• Picnic Table
• Private fire pit for roasting marshmallows
• Lighters or matches
• Hot water, coffee, tea
• Breakfast (Typically includes toasts, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee and tea)
• Free Parking
NOT Included in the cabin:
• Interior chairs or seating area
• Kitchen or cooking appliances (Please bring a camp stove or grill if you wish to cook onsite)
• Private bathroom (There are shared bathrooms & showers in the main building – a short 1-2 minute walk from the cabin)
• No electrical outlets, no wifi, no tv
• Wood (Guest may purchase wood onsite at $5/box. Guests typically use 1-3 boxes per night depending on outside temperatures).
• Lunch or dinner
• Fire Fairy to start and stoke your fire all night (Guests are responsible for starting and maintaining the woodstove. If you are uncomfortable maintaining a fire we don’t recommend visiting us during winter months as you will be very cold without a fire).
• Ice (Please purchase in town before arrival)
• Yoga classes, workshops, or other services
NO SMOKING: We are a NON Smoking property. Guests are not permitted to smoke in the cabins or on the property at any time. Please do not reserve with us if you need require the ability to smoke during your stay.
NO PETS: We are a wild location that shares land with bears, moose, and other wild animals. We work really hard to keep these animals uninterested in our cabin sites and the presence of any new animals, including pets, tends to draw them in. We are very strict about no pets in our cabins for the safety of our guests and your pets.
When staying with us you will be snuggled by our 22-acre privately owned Muskoka forest designed to protect wildlife that is quiet and tucked away from the busy tourist locations.
Most of our guests use our location as a resting point between the many attracts in Muskoka, Severn, and Simcoe counties or as a place to simply relax and hear their own thoughts. When staying onsite you may enjoy walking our Self-Guided Nature Art Walking Tail Experience (no charge) or using our studios for your own yoga or meditation practice. There are plenty of opportunities to view our wild animals including birds, wild turkeys, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, and many other friendly creatures of the forest.
If you wish to add to your experience you may choose to purchase one of our optional services such as private yoga or meditation classes, intuitive readings, nature therapy, and other specialized experiences (Advanced booking recommended. Full details are available on our website)
Close driving distance to attractions in Gravenhurst, Bracebridge, Orillia, and the Night Sky Reserve of Torrence Barrens. There is a Short 5-10 minute drive to more than 5 beaches, lakes, and rivers (Experience a new one each day!)
Severn Bridge, Οντάριο, Καναδάς