Our goal is to offer Airbnb guests a unique opportunity to experience life in a "Tiny House" & re-live some of their childhood in our awesome retro arcade (all 40+ games on free-play). The atmosphere we've tried to create is FUN & DIFFERENT. We want AirBnB'ers from ages 6 - 106 to relax, have fun, play lots of games, be yourself & feel at home here. We'll make your stay FUN! Where else can you play pinball & arcade games 24/7 & sleep in a tiny house made from a shipping container? DOGS ARE OK!!!
5/19/2020 - CORONA VIRUS CONCERNS? - When you stay here, you will be the ONLY people in the arcade, tiny house and pool (other than me occasionally). The surfaces in the tiny house and arcade are all wiped down with lysol wipes after each reservation. You will not need to wear gloves, masks or social distance here. It's a very safe environment to have some fun with your loved ones. If you have any questions, please message me.
**** THE POOL IS OPEN & 74 DEGREES AS OF 5/19/20 ****
Check us out in Atlanta Magazine's "Best Of Atlanta" December 2019 issue! They chose us as "the best place to spend a rainy afternoon"! It's great fun here on sunny days too though! >;-)
We just got a new claw machine today (3/9/20)! It is the ONLY game in the entire arcade that costs money to play. 50 cents per play. I had to charge guests to play because filling the game with toys and candy isn't inexpensive. If you think people in your party will want to play, please bring some quarters or dollar bills.
I'm sometimes asked if every airbnb host washes the bedding & towels between guests? I don't know about other hosts but let me assure everyone that I personally do ALL the laundry between EVERY SINGLE RESERVATION. I make the bed & clean the tinyhouse myself. I have 4 sets of sheets/bedding and 12 sets of towels. No worries!
I hate rules but after 3 years of renting our space on airbnb, I have unfortunately had to come up with a few.
1. We DO NOT host kids under 6 years old. Please don't ask me to overlook this or lie about your child's age.
2. NO "GET TOGETHERS", PARTIES OR EVENTS HERE. We are in a quiet residential neighborhood and respect our neighbors.
3. Due to insurance purposes, we only allow paid guests on the premises. All guests must be included on an airbnb reservation. We DO NOT allow our guests to bring their own guests. Sorry but you cannot invite your friends or family over to play in the arcade & swim in the pool.
4. Our power bill can run $800 a month so you MUST TURN OFF THE ARCADE if no one is using it for 15 mins or longer. It's super easy to turn the arcade off. Just say "Alexa turn off the arcade" OR flip the one switch by the back door as you're walking out.
5. Please play nice and treat the games as if they were your own. No thrashing games around. They are expensive, they can be fragile and they are "my babies".
6. Set all drinks in one of the 20 drink holders conveniently located on pinball legs throughout the arcade, NOT ON A GAME or ON THE FLOOR please.
7. Do NOT throw the skee-balls or footballs out of their respective games. I shouldn't even have to say this but sadly we've had things broken by stupid people throwing the balls around the arcade.
8. The claw machine is the ONLY game in the entire arcade that guests have to put their own money into. It's 50 cents per play and it will take quarters, $1, $2, $5, $10 and $20 bills. You play until you win! Bring some dough if people in your party will want to play the claw machine.
9. Guests who bring a dog MUST PAY $10 EXTRA per dog - per stay. Cleaning up after a reservation with a dog/s takes a lot of extra time and effort. The small $10 cleaning fee I have been charging since we started Airbnb in March 2017 just isn't enough when cleaning up after a dog & the people. The $10 (per dog) can be paid via cash or most any electronic payment app.
Now that I've covered some of the rules and expectations... here's some info on our airbnb....
We have fit a family of 5 in the tiny house (2 adults & 3 smaller kids) but it is tight. The space is best suited for 3 people. 4 and 5 people will fit but it's tight... 3 people on the queen bed, 1 on the chair bed & 1 on a small mattress on the floor. Think of it as an adventure and you'll have a blast.
Our tiny house is an 8 foot wide by 20 foot long steel shipping container turned into a comfortable 160 sq ft living area by a company called Lamon Luther in Villa Rica Ga. It was the first one they EVER built! They hire local homeless people, teach them skills to build things from furniture to tiny houses. They won an ICON award for the work they're doing in the community. Google them to see some other tiny houses they build.
We outfitted the space with handmade furniture by Copeland in Vermont. The mattress is a Sealy "Black" set (new in 2018). The bedding is mostly from Restorations Hardware.
The 32" smart TV has free Hulu (w/commercials), Netflix & Amazon Prime Videos. All the free local Atlanta channels included too.
You'll find plenty of outlets and USB charging ports inside and outside the tiny house. The mini-split heat & A/C system is operated by remote control. The 38 gallon hot water offers all the hot water you might need. The shower is 1/2 size but there is plenty of room. In the shower, you will find a dispenser with shampoo, conditioner and body wash. We supply towels for all guests & a hair dryer. There is a first aid kit & bug spray if needed.
In the fridge you will find complimentary water, soda and other drinks. There is a large bowl of many types of snacks too.
The Keurig coffee maker has a variety of coffees for you to try. The microwave will reheat your leftovers. We have tried to think of everything a guest would need but if you find something missing, please ask and we may have it on hand.
You (and guests on the reservation) can use the arcade as much as you like, whenever you like. Even at 3AM! If you arrive after 8pm, I won't be able to personally show you the arcade BUT you can still use it yourself by walking in and saying... "Alexa turn on the arcade!" and all games will turn on. When you're done, simply say "Alexa turn off the arcade!".
Lithia Springs is a great area. It's safe, quiet (except for distant train horns) and close to Atlanta. We are 2.5 miles off exit 44 (Thornton Rd.) of the i20 interstate. Be sure to check out nearby Sweetwater Park. There is a nice little museum, miles of great hiking trails, boat rentals, fishing, wildlife (ducks & geese), BBQ area and an old mill to explore.
FYI ----> If fine dining, upscale restaurants & bustling city life are your thing, you won't find that here. If you want to be close to those types of things, you're better off staying 16 miles away in Atlanta. Lithia Springs is sort of laid back and quiet suburb for the most part. We DO have all of the fast food places and the chain restaurants (Chili's, Longhorns, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Olive tree & more) that you expect. We even have some great BBQ places and diners. There's just nowhere around here that you need to dress up to go out to dinner.
Food: if you don't feel like going out, UberEats. Grubhub, DoorDash and others will deliver many different types of food right to your door.
If you want to go out... check out these great local places...
Contreju Jamaican restaurant 639 Thornton Road Lithia Springs Georgia (Authentic Jamaican Food - take out - Closes at 9pm )
Wallace barbecue 3035 Veterans Memorial Highway Austell Georgia
(A unique BBQ taste you're NOT used to. Nothing is slathered in BBQ Sauce! - Hours vary)
La Fiesta Mexican 1102 Thornton Road Lithia Springs Georgia
(Great Mexican food - take out or dine in -open late)
Don Claudio Taqauria. Excellent Mexican food only 1/2 mile away. Menu online.
Tiffany's Kitchen 7413 Lee Rd, Lithia Springs, GA
(Greasy spoon - local favorite, excellent breakfast lunch and dinner - Closes at 9pm)
Lithia Springs, Τζόρτζια, Ηνωμένες Πολιτείες της Αμερικής